Thank you for your interest in employment with MGT. At MGT, we believe your career is important. As a consulting firm, we want to ensure our professionals provide high quality, value-added consulting solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients. Whether you are looking for a fresh challenge or are an expert within your field, we look forward to hearing from you. We are looking for exceptional professionals who are talented, inspired, and truly enjoy being challenged.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MGT is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, due to your disability, in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 850.386.3191.
Our national, public sector consulting firm is seeking a Consultant to provide cost accounting and cost analysis consulting services to local and state governments for our Michigan practice. The purpose of the Consultant is to provide project assistance to project directors. The responsibilities may include interviewing client staff, gathering data, assembling and preparing information, preparing reports or claims, participating in presentations, and other project tasks as directed.
Initially the focus will be to process cost plans with the long goal of preparing full cost allocation plans and user fee studies. The position will be based out of our Bay City, Michigan office and will require travel up to 50% of the time throughout the state.
To be successful, candidates should have public sector financial analysis experience and have participated in cost of service studies in the past. Advanced Excel skills with pivot tables is required. The right skills will substitute for a lack of experience and training will be provided. Candidates should be willing to problem-solve, often autonomously, and will be self-motivated.
- Assist with project coordination.
- Conduct research, analyze data, prepare claims, and present findings either orally or in reports.
- Cost of service studies or analysis for public and/or private sector.
- Develop daily work plans and directs research activities.
- Assist in the development and review of final reports and proposals.
- Participate in client meetings, initiates client contacts and conducts presentations under the supervision of the project director.
- Consult with other agencies to obtain the benefit of their knowledge and experience in subject areas
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially strong analytical experience in Excel.
- Experience using basic algebra and mathematics involving the practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions or measurements.
- Ability to work independently outside a traditional office environment required.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with current and new clients required.
- Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Self-motivated, driven, and independent.
- Excellent time management.
- This is project-oriented work and requires keen attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment where there are frequent interruptions and competing deadlines.
- The work requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with organizational, interpersonal, technical, and leadership skills.
- The ability to prepare and present clear and concise client-ready documents.
- The ability to work as part of a team or individually while meeting deadlines in a multi-tasking environment with competing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; accounting or business majors preferred.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of consulting experience or equivalent public-sector experience.
- State or local government accounting, finance or grant management experience highly preferred, with experience in a progressive environment a plus.
- At least 3 years of project management experience, preferred.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
JOB LOCATION: Bay City, Michigan
If you have expertise in any of our service areas, we are always looking for qualified applicants. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.