Cybercriminals are attacking and disrupting school districts, public agencies, and municipalities at an unprecedented rate. It’s not a matter of if or when a ransomware attack will occur, but will your organization be prepared to respond effectively, so that any damage to operations and the communities we serve is limited.
At MGT, we believe state and local governments and public education systems have been underserved in cybersecurity for many years. It is extremely challenging to navigate the evolving cybersecurity landscape and deploy comprehensive cyber protocols and safeguards to secure a government agency, school system, transportation agency, or municipality from cyberattacks and ransomware.
Our goal at MGT is to bring world-class, enterprise-level cybersecurity solutions to these underserved, vulnerable organizations and communities. Because education and government agencies serve and impact the lives of so many people daily, they require the best solutions we as cybersecurity providers have to offer. We want to bring the best of the best of high-quality, enterprise-level experience to the state and local government and education (SLED) market. These solutions include:
- Mission-critical 24x7x365 Managed Detection Response (MDR-Security Operations Center) in highly complex education and state and local government environments
- Laser-focused experience in public-sector cybersecurity risk protection and compliance
- 180+ network and cybersecurity engineers with battle-tested experience in round-the-clock cybersecurity and IT infrastructure best practices, based on Fortune 500 knowledge protecting global industry leaders
MGT Technology is a leader in cybersecurity for education, state and local government agencies, providing proven enterprise-level cybersecurity and technology solutions within public sector budgets.
MGT’s enterprise-level Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services feature proprietary Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) strategies and tactics. We have a proven track record of helping more than 1,300 clients in the public and private sectors harden their security posture.
We protect and defend critical infrastructure and networks, 24×7, including major state and local toll roads, international airports, school districts, universities, utilities, and state and local government public agencies.
What is 24×7 Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
- Real-time cybersecurity threat hunting to identify, detect, and intercept cyber attacks
- Full visibility and live protection of your entire environment, end to end, through MGT’s battle-tested 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Managed by experienced, dedicated engineers for ongoing monitoring and guided remediation of identified vulnerabilities
- Monthly strategic security reviews and security KPIs
- Monthly compromise assessment report
How does MGT Technology’s MDR Work
1. Comprehensive, Diagnostic Risk Assessment – Complete evaluation of all networks, data points, devices, users, and third-party vendors on the ground and in the cloud. Check for vulnerabilities against an accepted risk and security maturity plan to establish a baseline for measuring progress and performance.
2. Risk and Maturity Planning – We establish a risk and security maturity plan that aligns with your organization’s business objectives, risk tolerance, and operational, compliance, and cultural requirements. The plan is based on best practices and guidelines of the Center for Internet Security (CIS) and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
3. Strategic Roadmap – MGT works with public agencies to develop and execute a strategic roadmap to improve and harden cybersecurity against cyber threats and attacks based on findings and risk priorities. This includes C-suite executive and board-level briefings to assist with funding requests or needs.
4. Monitoring & Oversight – MGT will oversee and monitor the execution of strategies, tactics, and priorities.
5. KPIs & Executive Visibility – MGT helps agencies establish meaningful, relevant KPIs for tracking and reporting performance and progress status with their internal IT and security teams, C-suite decision makers, and stakeholders.
What Does MGT Offer
- Managed SOC services for real-time network traffic analysis, endpoint data log collection, correlation, searching, and security monitoring for security-related events spanning on-premise, hybrid IT, and cloud architectures.
- 24x7x365 customer notification, escalation, and ticketing services to track alerts and threats from identification to resolution.
- Current threat intelligence, emerging threat information, and other security-related advisement services to enhance and protect your security posture.
- Comprehensive assessment report to identify and expose historical threats and live breaches.
- Full-scale integration with all cloud applications.
- Rapid response team for alerting of suspicious activities, prioritized incident investigation and response, and remediation management – detect, analyze, respond and recover.
MGT’s proven, proprietary methodologies are based on industry-standard best practices enhanced by our vast implementation experience for K-12 school districts, universities, state and local government agencies, and private enterprises.
Understand there is no such thing as 100% security and that a cyberattack is likely going to happen sometime or somewhere in your organization. Be prepared with a response plan.
MGT 24×7 MDR has successfully partnered with thousands of clients in the public and private sectors to protect and defend cybersecurity ― from the data center to remote locations. We can help you. For more information about how MGT Technology can assist, please fill out the form below: